FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
2. I registered for the school but now I cannot come. Can I transfer my registration to someone else?
3. I want to attend this school but cannot afford the registration fee. Is there any way I can still attend?
4. What if I can only attend one or a few of the sessions? Is it still worth attending?
5. I cannot attend the first one or two sessions. Would I be in the dark to begin attending on Thursday afternoon or evening?
6. What do I do if I’m a full time student but I do not have a student ID?
2. What is Power and Love’s definition of “Paid in Full?”
1. What if I don’t have a car? How will I be able to go out during the times of “Love in Action”?
3. Is there a shuttle from any of the hotels to the School location?
4. Will I be close enough to walk from any of the hotels to the School location?
2. What is the closest hotel to the host location?
3. Is there a way to find me a host home so I do not have to spend money on a hotel?
Love in Action
2. Does someone tell me where to go during the “Love in Action” times?
3. I am from out of town. How will I know where to go during the “Love in Action” times?
4. I have never done this type of thing before. Will someone be available to help me during the “Love in Action” times?
5. Will we have an opportunity to go out with one of Speakers?
2. Will we have an opportunity to go out with one of Speakers?
3. I have sickness in my body (or I would like to bring someone who is sick). Will you pray for the sick?
2. Will the School we attend be recorded and available for purchase?
Youth as young as 5 have attended the school and LOVED it! They are out praying for people and it is amazing how God uses them. Youth 12 years old and older must register and pay for the school. Children 11 years old or younger may sit in the school at no charge (you do not need to register them) under the supervision of their parent(s). There is no childcare provided.
Registration is non-refundable as was stated when you registered. You may transfer a registration to another person of the same status by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org by 7 days before the first day of the event with the Name and the transaction # of the person canceling and the Name, Address, Email address, Church attend and Phone of the person who will be taking your place. Transferring of registrations cannot be done at the door.
If you cannot afford a School and would like to attend, we have limited Financial Assistance. If you are interested in being considered for a Financial Assistance, please FILL OUT THIS FORM and we will be in touch with you shortly. Please DO NOT try to register for a school yet until after you have applied for Financial Assistance and heard back from us.
The feedback we have received from people who have attended only 1 or 2 sessions is extremely positive. Often we have a company working with us to video and audio record the sessions so that you can purchase the ones you missed.
Although the sessions to some degree, build on one another, we encourage people to attend whatever sessions they can. Often we have a company working with us to record the sessions so that you can purchase the ones you missed.
No worries! Just pre-register as a student and then let us know at registration you don’t have a student ID. We will take your word for it! This goes for Home Schooled Students as well!
We love to have Alumni come back to schools of Power and Love and help us! Remember, your job will be to team up with the “less confident” ones during the times of “Love in Action.” If you are a “Paid in Full” Alumni (see what this means below), you can register at no charge as long as:
- A. You must pre-register! If you try to register at the door, you will be charged a $25 fee. The cut off for online registration is always the WEDNESDAY prior to the start of the school. Email us at email@example.com if you believe you are an alumni and would like to attend an upcoming Power and Love. Be sure to indicate which Power and Love you are interested in. Remember, once we registered you, you must attend! If for some reason you are not going to attend, you must notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you register but don’t show up and you haven’t notified us, you will lose your Alumni privileges.
- Remember, Power and Love offers you this wonderful opportunity for the reasons stated above. We are offering registration at no charge but, at the same time, there are requirements for you to follow these instructions so that our workload is minimized. We would love to have you volunteer to help as well! Please do not call the Power and Love phone line regarding Alumni registration issues. Thanks for your understanding on this!
If you attended a Power and Love after Jan, 2014, a “Paid in Full” Alumni is someone who paid the special “Future Power and Love’s for Free” registration price. Before this (2013 and prior) our policy was:
- If you registered and paid the Early Bird Rate and attended the full school – you are Paid in Full
- If you registered during the Regular Rate Registration and paid the full Regular Rate and attended the full school – you are Paid in Full
- If you did Walk-In Registration and paid for the full School, and then attended the full school, you are Paid in Full.
Starting in 2014, you would need to actually register at the particular rate which indicates you will receive future schools at no charge.
Unfortunately no. Power and Love’s staff is very busy and we are not able to help with these arrangements.
We will pair you up with someone who has a car.
Usually not but you would have to contact the hotels to see if any of them would provide this service for you.
Please check our local hotels web site to see the distance the hotels are from the Host Location. You may want to double check this by also calling the hotel.
We are not able to coordinate this ahead of time but what we can do is this. If you come to Tom Ruotolo, the School coordinator, on Wed evening of the School, he will make an announcement to see if anyone would like to do this with you.
Please click on the school you are interested in and then on the Lodging Tab to see the distance of the hotels to the Host Location.
Each attendee is responsible for making their own lodging arrangement. At this time we do not have the resources to coordinate these types of accommodations and cannot speak for what a Host Church or Co-Sponsoring church would or would not be able to offer.
Love in Action
Schools of Power and Love are designed to help activate you in power evangelism as a way of life. Love in Action is the time where we divide up in groups of 2 or 3 and go out just to be around other people to give us an opportunity to live out what we are learning.
No, “Love in Action” is simply you living out your life in Christ around other people and applying what you are learning. If you are hungry, find a good restaurant! If you need to buy a pair of shoes, go to a shoe store! We do not tell you were to go. We DO encourage you to step out to love someone with the Love of God!
Power and Love will give you a map of area restaurants and possible places to go during Love in Action. Also, a local person will be available at the school to help you with directions. Another possibility would be for you to team up with someone who is from the area!
We will do our best to pair up the “not as confident” ones with the “more confident” ones. We can’t guarantee this but we will do our best!
Unfortunately no. Speakers tend to make other plans during the break times.
Most likely no. Unfortunately, the Speaker’s schedules are usually full and have no additional time for individual meetings.
Mostly likely not. Sorry!
The sick are prayed for at the end of each evening session. We cannot guarantee that you will be prayed for by one of the speakers. The emphasis of the meetings are to release the church in praying for the sick and we regularly see the sick healed as they are prayed for. Come expecting God to touch you and we believe you will be!
Sometimes! If we are, we will send out an eblast to everyone on our email list on the Tuesday before the School.
We are now recording most of our schools and making them available in MP3, CD and DVD format. The media can be purchased while at the school or ordered later through our Online Store.